- Department Information
- District News/Press Releases
- Communication Outlets
- Public Information Request
- Communications Content Submission
- Distribution of Non-School Flyers
- Inclement Weather
- Media Credential Request
Staff ITK - 5/3/18
Posted by Emily Parks on 5/2/2018
Good to Know
Counce Named Director of School Safety, Transportation
Dillingham Principal Brett Counce has been named the new Director of School Safety and Transportation for Sherman ISD. He has served Sherman ISD for 24 years as a teacher, coach, assistant principal, and principal. Prior to his time in education, Counce was a police officer with the City of Denison. Counce replaces Director of Transportation Randy Reddell, who will retire at the end of the school year. The position was broadened to include all aspects of safety and security, including oversight of the district and campus emergency operations plans, the new School Resource Officer program, safety and security audits and more. Counce, along with Coordinator of Transportation Matt Myers, will also direct transportation personnel and oversee recruiting, routing, driver training, fleet maintenance, and more.
HR: Employee Transfer Window Open
Employees may request a transfer for the 2018-2019 school year until Friday, May 11, 2018. Employees may not request a lateral transfer for the 2018-2019 school year after May 11, 2018. All lateral transfer decisions should be made by Friday, June 1, 2018. If you have questions about this, please contact the Human Resources Department at 903-891-6410. Please visit with your supervisor prior to requesting a transfer. To submit a transfer request:
- Log into the Employee Service Center in TEAMS. Your username and password are the same as your email and network username and password
- Click on My Employment Record.
- Click on My Employee Transfer Request.
- Click on the Job Category.
- Find the job(s) you are interested in applying for and check the appropriate boxes.
- Complete all tabs under Transfer Details.
- Click Submit.
- If you decide to make any additions or changes to your request, please make sure you remember to hit Submit each time.
Letters of Reasonable Assurance
Letters of Reasonable Assurance are now available for paraprofessional and campus based auxiliary employees to accept or decline. Please accept or decline these Letters of Reasonable Assurance by May 15. If you decline your Letter of Reasonable Assurance, please submit a letter of resignation by May 15. Please follow these steps through TEAMS:
Employee Service Center
2. You may be prompted to confirm your identity, if you have not logged into TEAMS recently or if you are using a new or different computer. Via text message or phone call, you will receive a four digit code to enter. Please make sure you choose your personal number, do not choose your school's phone number.
3. My Employment Records
4. My Contract
5. You will be prompted to enter information about yourself.
6. Complete Electronic Business Agreement.
7. Select 2019.
8. Read Contract and click Accept or Decline.
Technology Dept. Offers Office 365 to Staff at No Cost
Did you know you have access to Office 365 in and out of school? Sherman ISD staff can take advantage of Microsoft's Office 365 suite of software anywhere, anytime or from any device. To access the software, visit sso.shermanisd.net from any computer, enter your district login credentials, and select the Office 365 option. You can install this software for free on up to 5 personally managed devices (desktop, phone or tablet). The Office suite will run on Apple, Android and Windows devices.
EOC, STAAR Testing Window May 7-10, 14-17
Elementary and secondary campuses across Sherman ISD will be taking part in state assessment testing May 7-10 and 14-17. Good luck to all students and teachers taking and administering these exams:
- May 7 - High school U.S. History EOC;
- May 8 - High school Algebra I EOC;
- May 9 - High school Biology EOC;
- May 8, 9, 10 - Piner Algebra I EOC
- May 14 - Grades 3, 4, 6, 7 Math; Grades 5, 8 Math Retest
- May 15 - Grades 3, 4, 6, 7 Reading; Grades 5, 8 Reading Retest
- May 16 - Grades 5, 8 Science
- May 17 - Grade 8 Social Studies