- Sherman ISD
Sherman ISD Fine Arts Programs Excel at UIL Competitions
The SISD band success continued at the high school level, with the SHS Concert Band receiving scores of two for onstage performance and a one in sight-reading. The Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble each received a 1st division from the concert and sightreading judges to earn a Sweepstakes Award.
Piner Middle School Accomplishments
Piner Middle School's Symphonic Band added to their band record earning the Sweepstakes Award in Concert and Sightreading. In addition, for the first time in Piner history, the Concert Band received straight first division ratings, and their Honors Band completed the trifecta at UIL with three full performing bands receiving three sets of Sweepstakes honors.
Piner's Varsity Treble Choir received straight ones, a Superior rating in sight-reading, and received an Excellent rating in concert at UIL.
Piner Varsity Mixed Choir member, Tevan Collins, competed with 60 basses from the North Texas area to earn a place in this year's UIL All-Region Choir.
Sherman High School Accomplishments
UIL Choir Concert and Sight-Reading Competition Results:
- JV Women's Choir received an Excellent Rating on stage.
- Mixed Choir received Sweepstakes, a Superior Rating on stage and in sight-reading.
- Varsity Women's Choir received a Superior Rating on stage.
- Mixed Varsity Women received a Superior Rating on stage and an Excellent Rating in sight-reading.
UIL Choir Solo and Ensemble students who advanced to State:
- Jordyn Berenguer
- Jasey Cain
- Alaya Henderson
- Connor Jefferson
- Kara Mathes
- Erica Romm
- Brayden Young
UIL Orchestra Concert and Sight Reading Results:
- The SHS Chamber Orchestra (Varsity) Received a Superior Rating on Stage and a Superior Rating in the Sight Reading Room. (Sweepstakes)
- The SHS Sinfonia Orchestra (Non-Varsity) Received a Superior Rating on Stage and an Excellent Rating in the Sight Reading Room.
- The Piner Chamber Orchestra (Varsity) Received a Superior Rating on Stage and a Superior Rating in the Sight Reading Room. (Sweepstakes) They received a superior rating from all six judges.
- The Piner String Orchestra (Non-Varsity) received a Superior Rating on Stage, getting superior ratings from all 3 judges.
UIL Orchestra Solo and Ensemble Competition Results:
- Grant Dominick - Superior Rating on Class 1 Violin Solo - State Qualifier
- Amara Gutierrez - Superior Rating on Class 1 Cello Solo - State Qualifier
- Angie Cates - Superior Rating on Class 1 Piano Solo - State Qualifier
- Aiden Hill, Leif Inocian, Claudia May, and Edgar Gomez - Superior Rating on Class 1 String Quartet - State Qualifiers
- Kris Tatunay - Superior Rating on Class 1 Violin Solo
- Leif Inocian - Superior Rating on Class 1 Violin Solo
- Heather Parker - Superior Rating on Class 1 Viola Solo
- Alivia Gutierrez - Superior Rating on Class 3 Violin Solo
UIL Band Solo and Ensemble Competition Results:
In the UIL Band solo and ensemble contest, on a rating scale of 1-5, with 1 being the highest, the band received 33 1st division ratings and 23 2nd division ratings. In addition to the ratings, several students qualified for the UIL state contest in June. Congratulations to the following state qualifiers:
UIL Band Solo students who advanced to State:
- Isaac Guzman
- Jude Hannegan
- Eric Hatter
- Kelcey Ireland
- Kayla Stinson
- Kayla Davis
- Vanessa Duarte
- Rachel Hammett
- Kara Mathes
- Alexis Tatunay
- Laura Turbyfill
- David Wittler