- Fairview Elementary School
Pre-K, Head Start Early Registration March 7-8
Early application for the FDECC Pre-K and Head Start/Early Head Start Program for qualifying students will be held March 7, from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., and March 8, from 8 a.m. to Noon, at the SISD Service Center, 2701 Loy Lake Road.
Sherman ISD’s Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start program for qualifying students at the Fred Douglass Early Childhood Center aims to ensure that every child is given the opportunity to be a part of a positive and nurturing environment that fosters social, emotional, and cognitive development.
Early application is the first step in the two-step review process to register for Pre-K. To qualify for Pre-K, Head Start/Early Head Start, students must live within the Sherman ISD boundaries, be four years old on or before Sept. 1, 2018 (for Early Head Start, child must be three by Sept. 1, 2018), and meet one of the following criteria:
- Child is limited English speaking
- Child qualifies for free/reduced lunch
- Parent is active duty military
- Child of a person awarded the Star of Texas Award (peace officer, firefighter or emergency medical first responder)
- Child has been in custody of CPS/Foster care or adopted out of foster care
- Child/family is homeless
To qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start, a family must meet certain income and disability requirements.
Parents should bring the following information to complete the application process:
- Original/official birth certificate
- Photo ID of parent/guardian enrolling student
- Current immunization record
- Proof of residence – suggested proof includes: utility bill, including water, electricity, gas (no cell phone bills); lease or rental agreement with current payment receipt
- If you live with someone else at their home, you must complete a statement of residence. This form MUST be signed and notarized by both the parent and the person who owns the property.
- Proof of income (if applying for Head Start) – suggested proof includes: W-2, 1040 tax return, 4 most recent paycheck stubs, SSI, Pell grants and/or child support documents).
Applicants will be notified of eligibility by letter in May 2018.
For more information on Pre-K, call Deloris Dowell at (903) 891-6545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on Head Start, contact Eva Hernandez at (903) 891-6556 or email@example.com. For information on Early Head Start, contact Estefany Valenzuela at (903) 891-6551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.