Sherman ISD Back-to-School Information
Welcome Back to School! 2021-2022
First Day of School
The first day of school for students will be August 18, 2021. In order to maintain in-person classes throughout the semester and keep our children, staff, and community safe, we are asking parents to make the commitment to partner with us by doing the following morning health screenings with your child(ren) before they arrive at school:
Parent Health Screening Questions for SISD Students:
- Do any of the following health conditions apply to you?
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (or, for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 if exposure to the active confirmed case occurred within the last 14 days
If your child(ren) demonstrates or exhibits one or more of the conditions above, for the safety of all individuals, please keep your child home until they are symptom-free for at least 24 hours. If you feel your student may have contracted COVID-19, please see a doctor immediately.
What are the school start/end times?
Start Time: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:15 pm
Middle and High School
Start Time: 8:20 am
Dismissal: 3:55 pm
Early Childhood Centers (Pre-K, Head Start, Bilingual)
School start and end times are now divided into two tiers. Tier one would have the first bell at 7:40 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:15 pm. Tier two would have the first bell at 8:20 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:55 pm. Tier one includes Fred Douglass and Perrin ECC, Crutchfield Elementary, Dillingham Elementary, Fairview Elementary, Neblett Elementary, Sory Elementary, Washington Elementary, and, Wakefield Elementary. Tier two includes Piner Middle School, Sherman Middle School, Sherman High School, Jefferson Learning Center, and DAEP. The district’s residential programs, such as Boot Camp, Monarch, and JDC, will remain on their current schedules.
Please review your bus routes and transportation guidelines. Parents, helping your student become familiar with his/her route before the first day of school will help them feel less anxious on the first day of school.
Find your attendance zone here.
All Sherman ISD students will enjoy free breakfast and lunch during the 2021-2022 school year. Students will be able to purchase additional snacks at their campus.
My School Bucks
SISD offers an online payment system at MySchoolBucks.com. To add money to your child’s lunch account, visit the website, and create a free account. Features include:
- Managing all your children’s payments and balances from one account;
- Mobile app for iPhone or Android;
- Securely fund your student’s account via credit card, debit card, or your checking account;
- Low balance alerts;
- Recurring payment options;
- Ability to review purchase history.
Registering / Enrollment / Schedule Pick-Up in Sherman ISD
Families new to the district should complete the new student enrollment process.
- Families whose students are returning to Sherman ISD schools (were enrolled and attended last school year) should complete the returning student enrollment process.
Registration occurs at the child's attendance area school. Use the Attendance Zone Map to determine your zoned neighborhood campuses.
- Click here to be directed to the Sherman ISD enrollment page.
- Click here to view the Piner Middle School schedule pick-up dates.
Each grade level has a specific list of school supplies required for students; these lists are available on the BTS (Back to School) website and at local retailers. Please call your campus with any questions about school supplies.
Click here to view the middle school supply list.
All students must submit proof of required immunizations to the campus by the first day of school, which means they must receive all required immunizations BEFORE the start of school. For a complete list of required immunization and information from the Grayson County Health Department, click here.
Student Accident Insurance
Voluntary Student/Athletic Accident Insurance is available to all Sherman ISD students. Please click here to access more information.
Student dress codes for all ages and grades have the same requirements as last year. Please view these guidelines and plan wardrobes accordingly. Handbooks can be found on the district website under the Parents tab, or you may call your student’s campus for more information.
Orientations & Meet-the-Teacher Nights
SISD student orientations and meet-the-teacher nights are designed for students and parents to become more familiar with their campus and teachers, and begin developing a great relationship with school staff.
Meet the Teacher and Open House schedules are listed below.
MEET THE TEACHER Campus Date Time Washington 8/16 5:30-7:00 Fairview Kinder Orientation 8/12 5:30-7:00 Fairview 8/16 5:30-7:00 Dillingham 8/16 5:15-6:15 A-L 6:30-7:30 M-Z Sory 8/16 5:30 to 7:00 Wakefield 8/16 5:30 - 7:00 Wakefield Kinder 8/12 5:30-6:30 FDECC/PECC 8/10/21 5-6:30 Crutchfield
Grade 1 - 5
5:30 - 6:30
5:00 - 6:00 A-L
6:00 - 7:00 M-Z
Neblett Kinder Bearcat Orientation 8/12 5:30-6:30 Neblett 8/16 5:30-7:00 OPEN HOUSE Campus Date Time Fairview Open House 10/7 5:30-7:00 Washington Open House 10/7 5:30-6:30 Washington - family park night 9/28 5:30-6:30 Dillingham 10/7 5:30 - 7:00 Sory Open House 10/7 5:30 to 7:00 Sory Back to School Bash 8/24 5:00 to 7:00 Sory Open House 3/3 5:30 to 6:30 FDECC-Monster Math Night 10/5 5-6:30 PECC 10/5 5-6:30 Crutchfield 10/7 5:30 - 7:00 Neblett Open House with Book Fair Night 10/7 5:30-7:00 Wakefield 10/7 5:30-7:00 SHS 09/27 5:00-6:30 Sherman MS and Piner MS 10/04 - 6th grade will be from 5:00-6:00 pm
- 7th/8th grade will be from 6:00-7:00 pm
Kindergarten orientation is Thursday, August 12, click here to learn more.
Sherman HS Freshman Orientation is Friday, August 6, click here to learn more.
Please review the district’s online calendar for information about campus activities, extra and co-curricular activities, school assemblies and celebrations, and many other activities throughout the year. Check back often as calendars are updated frequently. The calendar for all athletics teams is located at goshermanbearcats.com.
Please take the following steps to stay connected with your campus, stay informed about your student’s progress, and be involved in your student’s education. Sherman ISD encourages and appreciates participation from parents, siblings, family, friends, and all members of our community to help each child become successful.
- Update your contact information in Blackboard Connect. This will ensure you receive district and campus communications, phone messages, and e-newsletters.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or download our mobile app to get updates about SISD.
- Check out our district publication, the Sherman School, and Family magazine. It is published quarterly and features exciting stories and information on the district, our students, programs, and more.