Sherman ISD Back-to-School Information
Welcome Back to School! 2021-2022
First Day of School
The first day of school for students will be August 18, 2021. In order to maintain in-person classes throughout the semester and keep our children, staff, and community safe, we are asking parents to make the commitment to partnering with us on doing the following morning health screenings on your child(ren) before they arrive at school:
Parent Health Screening Questions for SISD Students:
- Do any of the following health conditions apply to you?
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (or, for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 if exposure to the active confirmed case occurred within the last 14 days
If your child(ren) demonstrate or exhibit one or more of the conditions above, for the safety of all individuals, please keep your child home until they are symptom-free for at least 24 hours. If you feel your student may have contracted COVID-19, please see a doctor immediately.
What are the school start/end times?
Start Time: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:15 pm
Middle and Secondary
Start Time: 8:20 am
Dismissal: 3:55 pm
Early Childhood Centers (Pre-K, Head Start, Bilingual)
Pre-K AM 7:30-10:50
Pre-K PM 11:30-2:50
Head Start is 8:00-2:15
Bilingual is 7:30-3:05
School start and end times are now divided into two tiers. Tier one would have the first bell at 7:40 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:15 pm. Tier two would have the first bell at 8:20 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:55 pm. Tier one includes Fred Douglass and Perrin ECC, Crutchfield Elementary, Dillingham Elementary, Fairview Elementary, Neblett Elementary, Sory Elementary, Washington Elementary, and, Wakefield Elementary. Tier two includes Piner Middle School, Sherman Middle School, Sherman High School, Jefferson Learning Center, and DAEP. The district’s residential programs, such as Boot Camp, Monarch, and JDC, will remain on their current schedules.
Please review your bus routes and transportation guidelines. Parents, helping your student become familiar with his/her route before the first day of school will help them feel less anxious on the first day of school.
Free and reduced lunch applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be available after July 20, 2021, and must be submitted no later than September 17, 2021. A new free and reduced lunch application must be completed each year. A direct link to the application will be provided on this page once it is available.
Universal Free Breakfast is provided at no charge for students at Piner and Sherman Middle School.
For a detailed list of meal prices, please visit this page on the Food Services page on the SISD website.
Applications for Free and Reduced Meals can be completed online or at your child’s school.
Important Food Service Information
- If you have multi-level grade students in elementary and secondary, you will need to complete the free and reduced lunch application and the CEP socioeconomic information survey located below.
- If your student receives SNAP or Medicaid, you will need to provide your students EDG number from the state. To locate this number, you make contact the Texas Benefit Hotline at 211.
- For the 2021-2022 school year, meals pricing for students that do not qualify for free or reduced lunch are as follows:
- SHS Breakfast- $1.55
- SHS, Piner and Sherman Middle School Lunch- $3.10
- Adult Meals- $3.70
- Reduced Meal Pricing
- Breakfast- .30
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
All Sherman ISD elementary students will now enjoy free breakfast and lunch due to the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). The CEP, which was implemented during the 2020-2021 school year, allows campuses to serve breakfast and lunch at no cost to all enrolled students without collecting free and reduced lunch applications.
The Sherman ISD Food Service Department received approval to provide CEP for four years at Fred Douglass Early Childhood Center, all SISD elementary campuses, and Perrin Learning Center. The district will utilize the provision to alleviate the need for free and reduced lunch applications, improve health and wellness for students, and reduce financial stress on families.
In order to ensure that our campus receives the correct amount of funding, we must conduct a survey to collect income eligibility. Because we are a CEP district, we cannot use the same meal application as before; therefore, we have created a simplified form to gather the data. Please click here to complete the socioeconomic form for the 2021-2022 school year.
*Parents, please note that all incoming fifth-grade students will be eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch until September 17. Parents of fifth-graders must complete the free and reduced lunch application in order for students to continue to receive free breakfast and lunch for the remainder of the school year.
The following schools are qualified and will operate under the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP):
Fred Douglass Early Childhood Learning Center
Perrin Learning Center
Meal payments can be made online through My School Bucks, or in person at the student's campus cafeteria with cash or check. Students with a negative balance of $15 will receive an alternative meal until the negative balance is paid.
My School Bucks
SISD offers an online payment system at MySchoolBucks.com. To add money to your child’s lunch account, visit the website, and create a free account. Features include:
- Managing all your children’s payments and balances from one account;
- Mobile app for iPhone or Android;
- Securely fund your student’s account via credit card, debit card or your checking account;
- Low balance alerts;
- Recurring payment options;
- Ability to review purchase history.
Registering / Enrollment in Sherman ISD
Families new to the district should complete the new student enrollment process.
- Families whose students are returning to Sherman ISD schools (were enrolled and attended last school year) should complete the returning student enrollment process.
Registration occurs at the child's attendance area school. Use the Attendance Zone Map to determine your zoned neighborhood campuses.
- Click here to be directed to the Sherman ISD enrollment page.
Each grade level has a specific list of school supplies required for students; these lists are available on the BTS website and at local retailers. Please call your campus with any questions about school supplies.
All students must submit proof of required immunizations to the campus by the first day of school, which means they must receive all required immunizations BEFORE the start of school. For a complete list of required immunization and information from the Grayson County Health Department, click here.
Student Accident Insurance
Voluntary Student/Athletic Accident Insurance is available to all Sherman ISD students. Please click here to access more information.
Student dress codes for all ages and grades have the same requirements as last year. Please view these guidelines and plan wardrobes accordingly. Handbooks can be found the district website under the Parents tab, or you may call your student’s campus for more information.
Orientations & Meet-the-Teacher Nights
Student orientations and meet-the-teacher nights are designed for students and parents to become more familiar with their campus and teachers, and to begin developing a good relationship with the school staff. Additional information will be shared at a later date for the meet-the-teacher nights. Due to COVID-19, several events have taken place virtually. Information regarding campus events will be communicated directly from your child's campus.
Please review the district’s online calendar for information on-campus activities, extra and co-curricular activities, school assemblies and celebrations, and many other activities throughout the year. Check back often as calendars are updated frequently. The calendar for all athletics teams is located at goshermanbearcats.com.
Please take the following steps to stay connected with your campus, stay informed about your student’s progress, and be involved in your student’s education. Sherman ISD encourages and appreciates participation from parents, siblings, family, friends, and all members of our community to help each child become successful.
- Update your contact information in Blackboard Connect. This will ensure you receive district and campus communications, phone messages, and e-newsletters.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or download our mobile app to get updates about SISD.
- Check out our district publication, the Sherman School, and Family magazine. It is published quarterly and features exciting stories and information on the district, our students, programs, and more.