A Community of Excellence; Everyone. Everywhere. Everyway.
The mission of Sherman ISD, a diverse community of learners, is to equip our students to excel as citizens in an ever-changing world.
Located in the heart of the Texoma area, Sherman Independent School District is the largest and fastest-growing school district in Grayson County, serving more than 7,400 students across 13 campuses. The school district is the heartbeat of the community which proudly believes in the hometown motto, Building Bearcats.
With the district’s centralized location approximately 45 minutes north of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Sherman ISD has seen consistent growth throughout the city, which encompasses high tech manufacturing corporations, suburban neighborhoods, and thriving retail centers. The district’s belief in family, community, tradition and excellence allows for nurturing learning environments, proactive leadership and engaging curriculum and instruction for all students.
Our Beliefs & Goals
Sherman ISD Beliefs
- We believe education is the shared responsibility of students, staff, parents and the community.
- We believe developing the mind, heart, and spirit is vital for each student's success.
- We believe effective leadership inspires excellence.
- We believe quality instruction engages students.
- We believe well equipped and maintained facilities convey pride in the community.
Sherman ISD Goals
- Sherman ISD will hire, train and retain high-quality personnel in a supportive working environment.
- Sherman ISD will demonstrate positive and proactive leadership that inspires teamwork and collaboration.
- Sherman ISD will provide a high-quality curriculum, research-based instructional practices, and resources to ensure progress in student achievement.
- Sherman ISD will continue to integrate instructional technology in classrooms at all campuses and grade levels.
- Sherman ISD will address the diverse needs of students to maximize their academic achievements.
- Sherman ISD will empower, engage and equip students for success in a diverse and complex world.
- Sherman ISD will develop a balanced annual budget and maximize resources that are needed to achieve district priorities.
- Sherman ISD will continue to monitor and plan for district facility needs.
- Sherman ISD will engage all community stakeholder groups to enhance educational experiences for students.
- While carrying out our mission, our focus is on Building Bearcats and ensuring that we provide our students with a variety of academic opportunities.
- We are a leader in early childhood education, providing the only dedicated campuses in Grayson County for Pre-K and Head Start programs. We also maintain the Gold Standard as a Pre-K Center of Excellence from the Texas Education Agency.
- Our educators receive prestigious awards and recognition, and they pride themselves on making a difference in the lives of our students. Our teaching staff includes multiple Texoma Teachers of the Year and a regional finalist in the Texas Teacher of the Year competition.
- Our district’s special needs programs educate the whole child and offer additional support with specialized programs for students with autism and intellectual and behavioral differences.
- Sherman High School has a graduation rate of 98%, and our students are continuously recognized for outstanding academic accomplishments throughout the year.
- Sherman High School students participate in award-winning extracurricular programs in academics, athletics, fine arts, career and technology fields, and a number of clubs and student leadership organizations. We recognize the value of all extracurricular programs and their ability to boost academic success, student engagement, and school pride.
- In order to maximize student learning and connection to the real world, our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and our teachers utilize innovative techniques to create well-rounded learning experiences.
- Our community support is unmatched, with the Sherman Education Foundation and Partners in Education program leading the charge. SEF is dedicated to providing resources that inspire learning, and since its inception in 1999, SEF has raised more than $3 million to support Sherman ISD schools. Our Partners in Education program provides additional opportunities for businesses, community organizations, and churches to adopt-a-school, offer perks to Sherman educators, and provide additional resources for students and staff. Both organizations exemplify our community’s commitment to public education and Bearcat Pride.