Curbside Meals Available for Students Participating in Distance Learning
The Sherman ISD Food Services Department will provide curbside meals for students participating in the Distance Learning option beginning August 17. All curbside meals will be provided for and operated under the School Breakfast Program (SBP) and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
If your child participates in the distance learning option, please fill out the form below if you plan for your child to participate in this food program. This information will be used to determine curbside meal pick-up locations.
Curbside Breakfast and Lunch Price Information
All Sherman ISD elementary students, grades K-4, can receive free breakfast and lunch under the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). Students in grades 5-12 will be charged according to the student's eligibility – free, reduced, or paid. Below are breakfast and lunch prices for students in grades 5-12:
- Reduced: $0.30
- Paid: $1.50
*Students that are eligible to receive free breakfast will not be charged.
- Reduced: $0.40
- Paid: $ 3.05
- *Students that are eligible to receive free breakfast will not be charged.
To expedite service for paid meals, you are encouraged to add funds to your child's account on https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ *Cash and checks will be accepted.
If your child received free or reduced-priced meals in 2019-2020, they will receive the same benefits for the first 30 days of the 2020-2021 school year. After 30 days, only students who submit a new application for 2020-2021, and qualified for the program, will receive free or reduced-price meals. If your child falls off the program once the 30 day grace period ends, all charges accrued are the parents/guardians responsibility. A new application must be completed each year. Instructions to apply and the application link for Free and Reduced Price Meals can be found here: https://www.nlappscloud.com/
If you have questions regarding the Free and/or Reduced program, please reach out to Karen Duer at 903-891-6426 or visit our website:https://www.shermanisd.net/Page/8370
If your child needs a special diet accommodation, one can be provided with a doctor's note. Please contact the food service department at 903-891-6426.
For any general questions and/or feedback about food service, please call 903-891-6426.
If you requested a meal for Monday or the rest of this week, please follow the instructions below:
- Meal Pickup times are from 8:00- 10:30 am at each campus.
- Please call the cafeteria's direct line to let them know you want the meals for that day.
- Please call the direct cafeteria line when you arrive at the school for pick up and meals will be brought to your car.
- Meals can only be ordered for the number of students that attend SISD. Please give the food service worker your student's name and lunch numbers.
- Parents will need to call each day they want to reserve and pick up meals.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call the food service office at 903-891-6426
- Direct campus cafeteria phone numbers are listed below:
- Crutchfield -903-891-6575
- Fred Douglass- 903-891-6558
- Wakefield- 903-891-6604
- Sory- 903-891-6654