In-Person Learning Option Information
Sherman ISD encourages families to commit to either in-person or online learning for the first nine weeks of school, after reviewing the Operation Reconnect Reopening Plan. Due to the constantly changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that circumstances could change for our families, and adjustments to commitments will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the end of each grading period. If Sherman ISD needs to close school buildings again for an extended period of time, all students will transition to distance learning.
In-Person Learning Option
- Students in Pre-K3 through 12th grade learn on campus with face-to-face instruction Monday- Friday
- Curriculum is aligned with the SISD Distance Learning Option
- Social distancing, face coverings, temperature checks and other health requirements based on state and county guidelines
- Opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities as allowed by TEA, UIL and health officials
- Opportunity to transition to distance learning at the start of each new grading period will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Parents are asked to evaluate student’s health at home, prior to attending school daily
If you would like to commit to the In-person Learning option for your student, click here to complete the SISD Learning Commitment form.