If you are a parent/guardian that has a student that currently rides the bus, we invite you to download the Here Comes the Bus® app and join our pilot program.
Here Comes the Bus allows you to view the real-time location of your child’s school bus on your smartphone, tablet or computer. With it, you will have the information you need to send your children to the bus stop at just the right time, helping to protect them from inclement weather and other roadside dangers. Our district is excited to provide you with a tool that will give you peace and the ability to know your children haven’t missed the bus.
Here Comes the Bus is free, and enables you to:
- See the location of your child’s bus both before and after school.
- Confirm that your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop, at school or both.
- Receive a push notification or email message when the bus is near your stop, has been substituted, or when we have important information about the bus route to relay.
How does it work?
With GPS (Global Positioning System) trackers now standard on most school buses, Here Comes the Bus translates that information into an easy to follow program, and customizable map, that works on either a computer, tablet or smartphone, which allows you to see where the bus is and how close it is to your home.
The Here Comes the Bus app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Please note that push notifications are only available on iPhone & Android devices.
To sign up or to learn more about Here Comes the Bus, visit http://www.herecomesthebus.com. We would love your feedback throughout this pilot program, should you have any questions or want to leave feeback, please contact Stacy O’Connor Howard via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (903)891-6433.
If you are a parent that has created an account needing customer support, Click Here! You will be asked to provide the following information:
• Your name
• School District Name or 5-digit School Code (87830)
• Email address used for your Here Comes the Bus account
• Your child’s first and last name, and student ID #
• Description of the question