Parents and others are welcome to visit district schools. For the safety of those within the school and to avoid disruption of instructional time, all visitors must first report to the main office and must comply with all applicable district policies and procedures. When arriving on campus, all
parents and other visitors should be prepared to show identification. Visits to individual classrooms during instructional time are permitted only with approval of the principal (or Summer School/ESY Coordinators if applicable), and teacher and only so long as their duration or frequency does not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the normal school environment. Even if the visit is approved prior to the visitor’s arrival, the individual must check in at the main office first.
Visits to individual classrooms during instructional time shall be permitted only with a principal's (or Summer School/ ESY Coordinators if applicable) approval and such visits shall not be permitted if their duration or frequency interferes with the delivery of instruction or disrupts the normal school environment.
These visits can be more beneficial for everyone if the following guidelines are observed:
- Spring ISD has a visitor background check system. This system requires the visitor bring their valid driver’s license or identification card with them each time they visit the school.
- Parents/guardians need to call 24 hours in advance to schedule a visit to ensure that the visit does not conflict with testing, supervision responsibilities or some other scheduled activity.
- Parents/guardians will need to make other arrangements for pre-school children rather than bringing them for the visit. The school does not have child care facilities and the activities of pre-schoolers distract students, teachers and parents. There are no provisions for school-age friends or relatives of district students to visit Spring ISD schools.
- Parent Instructional visits should not exceed 45 minutes in order to insure that classroom instruction is not hindered.
- Audio or video recording is prohibited
- All visitors are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of courtesy and conduct; disruptive behavior will not be permitted or visitors will be asked to leave.
- All parent/guardian visitors will be accompanied by the principal (or the Summer School/ESY Coordinator when applicable).