As part of the 2017 Bond Program, Sherman ISD will upgrade our technology infrastructure at every campus so our children have access to information and our teachers can design technology rich lessons. These include:
- improve telecommunications and cabling,
- refresh the wired and wireless network,
- add a disaster recovery site,
- improve all classroom audio visual systems and
- improve speed and access in our classrooms, auditoriums, and cafeterias.
The last major technology upgrade was completed 12 years ago and these upgrades will best prepare our children to seek out, process and share information. These improvements would allow our district to increase online learning opportunities and provide authentic learning environments in all of our classes. These improvements would begin immediately in December 2017.