Parents and members of the community are encouraged and welcome to volunteer for the benefit of the students in Sherman ISD.
Sherman ISD requires background checks for volunteers and other purposes. If you plan to volunteer or have been instructed to submit a background check, please review the following:
- Completion of this form is required once each year.
- Background checks are cleared at the end of the school year by the last week of June.
- New background checks can be submitted for a new school year starting in July.
- Use your legal name as it appears on your driver's license or other official ID.
- This form requires either a Social Security Number or Visa Number in order to complete the application.
- Background results may take 3-5 business days to complete.
To volunteer, you must fill out an application every year. Please click here to fill out an application.
Thank you for visiting the Sherman ISD volunteer page and we look forward to seeing you in our schools!