How to read my lesson plans/gradebook
Often I will type my lesson plans in Spanish and label my gradebook in Spanish so that the assignments match what I call them in class. I created this quick reference for parents to 'decode' my abbreviations and Spanish.
What constitutes a chapter/unit or major grammar test?
- It will say 'examen de capítulo __' - literally 'test of chapter __.
- It will say 'examen de gramatical concept (presente, pretérito, etc.).'
- On my lesson plan page it is bold.
What does not constitute a chapter/unit or major grammar test?
- Examen de vocabulario - literally test of vocabulary
- Prueba de __ - literally trial of __ (these are quizzes).
- These are also bold on my lesson plan pages.
The following terms are related to daily work:
- Libro or libro de texto - text book
- Libro de tarea (LT) - workbook
- Actividades de escuchar - listening comprehension exercises
- Ej. - abbreviation for ejercicio - exercise
- Act. - abbreviation for actividad - activity
- En clase or para el fin de la clase - in class or due at the end of class
- Para el lunes (el martes, el miércoles, el jueves, el viernes) - due Monday (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) indicating that an assignment has an extended due date.
- Paquete de __ - Packet of __ (Indicating a homework packet)
- Hoja de tarea - worksheet