WHY GO TO COLLEGE???
A college education is the gateway to success in today’s knowledge-based, global economy. It’s an investment in each student’s future.
* 60% of all jobs in the United States require some sort of college degree (i.e. certificate, associates degree, bachelor degree, master degree, doctorial degree).
* Individuals who have a college degree earn an average of $22,000 more per year than those with only a high school diploma.
* A college education gives a person more job security. People with a high school diploma are more than twice as likely to be unemployed.
* For most students who go to college, the increase in lifetime earnings far outweighs the cost of their education.
* College is more than just a classroom. It’s an important time in life to learn and grow as a person while gaining independence and life skills.
* Statistics show that a college education impacts health, family and community involvement.
Young adults with a college degree are much less likely to be obese than those with only a high school diploma.
Children of parents with a college degree are much more likely to be read to every day than children of parents with only a high school diploma.
Individuals with a college degree are more than twice as likely to volunteer as those with only a high school diploma.
(Source: Five Ways Ed Pays. Copyright 2011, The College Board)
College Board is a registered trademark of the College Board. BigFuture is a trademark owned by the College Board.