Applying to College
College Admissions Information:
- The senior timeline provides you with items to complete for college each month of your senior year.
- The Steps to Apply to College provide you with step by step instructions to apply to college.
Check the college's website to find out what type of application you need to submit.
- The most common are Apply Texas, the Common Application or the college will have their own application that you access on their website.
- Steps to Apply through the Apply Texas Application
- Most common for 2 year or 4 year public colleges in Texas (and some private)
- Steps to Apply through the Common Application
- Most common for private universities nationwide or out-of-state schools
- All colleges have different deadlines, so please check your specific schools for their deadlines and requirements.
- Submit your application at least three weeks before the deadline.
- You will gain access to a student portal with the school after submitting your application, so that you can track that any other required documents are received on time.
Helpful College Application Reminders:
- See the Steps to Apply to College document listed above for important college application information and reminders.
Financial Aid, FAFSA and Scholarship Information