Colleges & Universities
Once you have decided that attending a traditional college (2-year or 4-year) is best for you, you need to decide which one(s) to apply for admission to.
Some suggestions or ideas that might be helpful to you:
- Research all of the factors that are important to you - size, location, majors/programs, costs, etc.
- Make actual visits to the campus of each college you are considering. Official "preview" days/weekends and open houses can be extremely beneficial.
- Use a "checklist" or "comparison" form (links below) or create your own.
- Public schools are generally less expensive than private schools (at least on paper).
- Community colleges (2-year) are less expensive than universities (4-year).
- Apply to at least one "target" school, one "reach" (aka "dream") school, and one "safety" school.
- Narrow your choices down to save money (application fees).
- Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!