School Pest News Editions
Sherman ISD occasionally applies pesticides as part of an overall integrated pest management program. All persons applying pesticides on district property are required to receive special training & licensure in pesticide application and pest control measures.
Sherman Independent School District has identified the following as the objectives for its IPM program:
- Notification, as required by the Structural Control Act, to students and parents to be included in each school’s student handbook.
- Manage pests that may occur on school sites to prevent interference with the learning environment of the students.
- Eliminate injury to students, staff and other occupants.
- Preserve the integrity of the school buildings or structures.
- Provide the safest playing or athletic surfaces possible.