Sherman ISD Online Application Process
Sherman ISD Online Application
Although Sherman ISD may not currently have a vacancy for the position you are seeking, we invite you to submit your application now as we maintain an applicant database for future vacancies. All applications must be submitted through our online application system located on this Website. Before your application can be considered complete and eligible for review, you must provide the Human Resources Office with the following documentation and, if applicable, complete the required testing. Please note the requirements for each specific application.
Professional: Administrator, counselor, diagnostician, LSSP, RN
- Photocopy of an complete official college/university transcript indicating date and degree conferred – both undergraduate and graduate transcripts, if applicable
- Photocopy of valid educator certificate if issued by a state other than Texas
- Photocopy of applicable license (RN, LSSP, etc.)
- Photocopy of an official college/university transcript indicating date and degree conferred
- Photocopy of a valid teaching certificate if issued by a state other than Texas
- Statement of Eligibility to an alternative educator certification program, if applicable
Paraprofessional: Classroom assistant, secretary, clerk, PC technician, etc.
- Photocopy of either high school diploma/G.E.D. or official college/university transcript
- Testing requirements are indicated below
Auxiliary: Food service, custodian, maintenance, transportation, etc.
- Photocopy of license/permit as required by position
Substitute: Substitute teachers and professionals, substitute paraprofessionals, substitute
- Requirements for published roles for full time employment must be met
- Required testing for paraprofessionals must be completed
- Basic Academic Skills test required for the following roles:
- Accounting Specialist
- Office/Clinic Assistant
- Clnic Assistant
- Library Assistant
- Library Associate
- Classroom Assistant Assessment required if applicant does not have 48+ college credit hours for the following roles:
- Classroom Assistant
- Library Assistant
- Library Associate
Photocopies and supporting documentation may be provided through one of the following methods:
- Scan and attach to the online application
- Send electronically to email@example.com
- Mail to Sherman ISD Human Resources, PO Box 1176, Sherman, TX 75091
- Fax to 903-891-6411
- Bring to the Human Resources Offices located at 2701 Loy Lake Road, Sherman on Monday-Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, or on Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Interviews are scheduled at the request of the district for posted or anticipated vacancies. Applicants should not contact supervisors regarding vacancies or requesting an interview.
Applicants should address all questions regarding vacancies to the Human Resources Department.
Any misstatement, omission, falsification, or misrepresentation of fact in the application process may disqualify you for consideration for employment with Sherman Independent School District.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Sherman Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, or age in its employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Right Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Ace of 1973, as amended. The Sherman ISD designates a contact person for Title IX and Section 504 compliance. The contact person for the Sherman ISD is Dr. Tyson Bennett, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction, and Accountability. He may be reached at (903) 891-6421.
In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination, Sherman ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nation origin, gender, sex, or disability in providing education services, activities, and programs, including vocational programs, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended’ Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Ace of 1973, as amended.
En un esfuerzo para promover que no haya discriminación, Sherman ISD no discrimina en base de raza, religión, color, origen nacional, género, impedimento en servicios proporcionados como servicios de enseñanza, actividades y programas, incluyendo programas vocacionales, de acuerdo con el Título VI del la Ley de los Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmienda; Título IX de las Enmiendas en la Educación de 1972; y la Sección 504 del la Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973, según enmienda.
Thank you for your interest in our district.