Welcome to the News page!
Communication is a key to any class. Under this section, you may find upcoming events, important information and important dates.
Have a great attitude
Use good manners and self control
Keep silent in the halls
You should always do your bestPlease be sure your child is reading at least 20 minutes every night!
Here are 10 reasons why reading is so important!
1. Kids who read often and widely get better at it.
2. Reading exercises our brains.
3. Reading improves concentration.
4. Reading teaches children about the world around them.
5. Reading improves a child's vocabulary and leads to more highly developed language skills.
6. Reading develops a child's imagination.
7. Reading helps kids develop empathy.
8. Children who read do better in school.
9. Reading is a great form of entertainment.
10. Reading relaxes the body and calms the mind.
April 18- Maximum of 2 books per student for checkout in library
April 21- Theatricks 2:10
April 25-29- PTA Spring book fair
April 26- Muffins with Mom
April 27- Donuts with Dad
April 28- lunch with grandparents
2nd grade music program
April 30- Belk fundraiser 6-10 AM (can purchase tickets from Mrs. White)
May 2-6 Teacher appreciation week
May 9- STAAR math test
May 10- STAAR reading test
May 11- STAAR make-up tests (no visitors in the building)
May 12- STAAR make-up tests (no visitors in the building)
May 13- all library books due
May 17- Last day to earn AR points
May 18- Field trip to mesquite Rodeo
May 19- Dillingham tour at 8:30
May 20- 4th grade field day at Bearcat Stadium
May 23- 4th grade end of year party at Amazing Jake's
May 26- Husky Honors Celebration
Sory Spirit Night at Chick-fil-a
May 27- Sory Fun Day
May 31- Sock Hop
June 1- Talent Show
June 2- last day of school!!!!!
Report cards go home.