TEXAS TRANSITION AND EMPLOYMENT GUIDE
Transition Services refers to a coordinated set of activities for a student with a disability, designed within an outcome-oriented process, which promotes movement from school to post-school activities including, but not limited to:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Vocational Assessment and/or Training
- Integrated Competitive Employment (including supported employment)
- College/Adult Education Support Services
- Work and Volunteer Experience
- Independent Living Skills
- Linkage to Community Agencies
Please contact Jana Holder at 903.891.6440, ext. 4489 if you have questions about SISD transition services.
The Texas Transition and Employment Guide (and Spanish version) provides information on statewide services and programs that assist students with disabilities in the transition to life outside of the public school system.
Sherman ISD Transition and Employment Designee:
903.891-6440, ext. 4489