Sherman ISD Back-to-School Information
Welcome Back to School! 2022-2023
First Day of School
The first day of school for students will be August 17, 2022. Look below for more information on how you can prepare for the first day of school. Please keep in mind this page is still being updated.
Sherman ISD Academic Calendar 2022-2023
Click the image above to view the calendar.
What are the school start/end times?
Start Time: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:15 pm
Middle and High School
Start Time: 8:20 am
Dismissal: 3:55 pm
Early Childhood Centers (Pre-K, Head Start, Bilingual)
7:30 a.m.-3:05 p.m.
School start and end times are divided into two tiers. Tier one has the first bell at 7:40 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:15 pm. Tier two has the first bell at 8:20 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:55 pm. Tier one includes Fred Douglass and Perrin ECC, Crutchfield Elementary, Dillingham Elementary, Fairview Elementary, Neblett Elementary, Sory Elementary, Washington Elementary, and Wakefield Elementary. Tier two includes Piner Middle School, Sherman Middle School, Sherman High School, Jefferson Learning Center, and DAEP. The district’s residential programs, such as Post-Adjudication, Monarch, and JDC, are on separate schedules.
Before the First Day of School:
- Every parent should review and verify their child’s assigned route before the first day of school.
- Visit the Find Your Bus website and enter your address to see route information.
- If you do not have access to the website, you can find out bus routes by calling your child’s campus or the SISD Transportation Department at 903-891-6433.
- Make sure you have completed online enrollment (even if your child is a Returning Student).
Please review your bus routes and transportation guidelines. Parents, helping your student become familiar with his/her route before the first day of school will help them feel less anxious on the first day of school.
Find your attendance zone here.
Beginning of the Year Bus Procedures
- Please begin checking Find My Bus on the website to determine your student's bus number and stop location. You must enter your address accurately including whether it is street, road, avenue, lane etc. You must also use North, South, East, or West if it is part of the correct address.
- It is very important that your child knows the correct bus to get on and where the stop is. Most campuses have more than one bus, and some have several. We will do all we can to get them on the right bus, but it starts with your student knowing the correct bus and stop.
- Please contact your campus if you need help doing this.
- For younger students, please make sure that your student is very familiar with the stop and the surrounding area and can get home from the stop. You should take your younger student to the stop and show them the way home, talking to them about recognizing the stop and the surroundings. Talk to your student about getting on the same bus after school that they rode that morning.
- Communicate with your child’s campus and the transportation department if you are unsure about anything.
- Expect delays up to 30-45 minutes on day one and 15-30 minutes for the next couple of days.
- On day one, parents must confirm with the campus if their student is riding in the afternoon, and on which bus, if they did not ride in the morning.
The federal Seamless Summer Option (SSO), which provided free breakfast and lunches to students through the 2021-2022 school year, is coming to an end June 30, 2022. Elementary schools and the Early Childhood Centers offer free breakfast and lunch through the Community Eligibility Provision. Prices can be found here.
The application for free and reduced lunches can be found here:
My School Bucks
SISD offers an online payment system at MySchoolBucks.com to pay for all school-related fees or items, such as meal accounts, parking permits, field trip fees or t-shirts. To add money to your child’s account, visit the website, and create a free account. Features include:
- Managing all your children’s payments and balances from one account;
- Mobile app for iPhone or Android;
- Securely fund your student’s account via credit card, debit card, or your checking account;
- Low balance alerts;
- Recurring payment options;
- Ability to review purchase history.
Registering / Enrollment / Schedule Pick-Up in Sherman ISD
Families new to the district should complete the new student enrollment process.
- Families whose students are returning to Sherman ISD schools (were enrolled and attended last school year) should complete the returning student enrollment process.
Registration occurs at the child's attendance area school. Use the Attendance Zone Finder to determine your zoned neighborhood campuses.
- Click here to be directed to the Sherman ISD enrollment page.
- Washington Elementary will be hosting a registration lab for any parents who need to enroll their child for the upcoming school year from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 20. Interpreters will be available.
- Sherman Middle School and Piner Middle School will be hosting registration labs at SMS for parents who haven't completed enrollment. They will be July 25, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; July 26, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; July 27, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; and July 28, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- The Sherman Middle School and Piner Middle School schedule pick-up times are below. Students will go to their respective campus to pick up their schedule.
- Sixth grade: Aug. 11, 8 a.m. to noon, and 1-6 p.m.
- Seventh/eighth grade: Aug. 12, 8 a.m. to noon, and 1-6 p.m.
- Makeups: Aug. 15, 1-6 p.m.
- Sherman High School schedule pickup will be Aug. 1-4 and scheduled as follows:
- Seniors: Aug. 1, 8 a.m. to noon
- Juniors: Aug. 2, 8 a.m. to noon
- Sophomores: Aug. 3, 8 a.m. to noon
- Freshmen: Aug. 4, 8 a.m. to noon
- All Grades: Aug. 4, 5-8 p.m.
Each grade level has a specific list of school supplies required for students. The school supply lists are currently available here: https://www.shermanisd.net/Page/10075. They will also be available at local retailers. Please call your campus with any questions about school supplies.
All students must submit proof of required immunizations to the campus by the first day of school, which means they must receive all required immunizations BEFORE the start of school. For a complete list of required immunization and information from the Grayson County Health Department, click here.
Student Accident Insurance
Voluntary Student/Athlete Accident Insurance is available to all Sherman ISD students. click here.
Dress and Grooming Code
Cell Phone Policy
In the school environment, personal cell phones/electronic devices can be a distraction and interruption during the learning process. The district permits students to possess personal cell phones and telecommunications devices for safety purposes; however, all telecommunications devices must remain turned off during the instructional day, off their person, and stowed away in a backpack or purse, including during all testing, unless they are being used for approved purposes.
Orientations & Meet-the-Teacher Nights
Elementary Meet the Teacher Night will be held the evening of Aug. 15 at all elementary school campuses. Please reach out to your campus to receive an exact timeframe. It's a good time for you and your kids to get to know your kid's teacher for this year!
Look at the table below for your school. Times are organized by the student's last name.
Meet The Teacher
5:30-6 p.m.: A-H
6-6:30 p.m.: I-P
6:30-7 p.m.: Q-Z
5:15-6:15 p.m.: A-L
5:30-6:15 p.m.- Kinder, 2nd Grade and 3rd Grade
6:15-7 p.m.: 1st Grade, 4th Grade and 5th Grade
Neblett: 5:30-7 p.m.
Sory: 5:30-7 p.m.
5:30-6:15 p.m.: A-L
6:15-7 p.m.: M-Z
Washington: 5:30-7 p.m.
Kinder Bearcat Camp will be held 9 a.m. to noon, July 26-27 with a parent orientation on July 25 at 5:30 p.m. You and your kindergartner will attend the camp at the elementary school where your child will attend.
FISH Camp, or Freshman Orientation, will be held 8 a.m. - 1:45 p.m., Friday, Aug. 5. There will be campus tours, meet and greets, an organization fair and more! Register here: https://tinyurl.com/SHSFISHCAMP26. Before attending, please fill out the medical release forms given out at schedule pickup, Aug. 4.
Please review the district’s online calendar for information about campus activities, extra and co-curricular activities, school assemblies and celebrations, and many other activities throughout the year. Check back often as calendars are updated frequently. The calendars for athletics teams are located at www.shsbearcats.net (SHS), www.pmsbearcats.com (Piner) and www.smsbearcats.com (Sherman Middle).
Please take the following steps to stay connected with your campus, stay informed about your student’s progress, and be involved in your student’s education. Sherman ISD encourages and appreciates participation from parents, siblings, family, friends, and all members of our community to help each child become successful.
- Update your contact information in Blackboard Connect. This will ensure you receive district and campus communications, phone messages, and e-newsletters.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or sign up for our community newsletter.
- Check out our district publication, the Sherman School, and Family magazine. It is published quarterly and features exciting stories and information on the district, our students, programs, and more.