Sherman ISD Back-to-School Information
Welcome Back to School! 2022-2023
First Day of School
The first day of school for students will be August 17, 2022. Look below for more information on how you can prepare for the first day of school. Please keep in mind this page is still being updated.
What are the school start/end times?
Start Time: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:15 pm
Middle and High School
Start Time: 8:20 am
Dismissal: 3:55 pm
Early Childhood Centers (Pre-K, Head Start, Bilingual)
School start and end times are now divided into two tiers. Tier one would have the first bell at 7:40 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:15 pm. Tier two would have the first bell at 8:20 am, and a dismissal bell at 3:55 pm. Tier one includes Fred Douglass and Perrin ECC, Crutchfield Elementary, Dillingham Elementary, Fairview Elementary, Neblett Elementary, Sory Elementary, Washington Elementary, and, Wakefield Elementary. Tier two includes Piner Middle School, Sherman Middle School, Sherman High School, Jefferson Learning Center, and DAEP. The district’s residential programs, such as Boot Camp, Monarch, and JDC, will remain on their current schedules.
Before the First Day of School:
- Every parent should review and verify their child’s assigned route before the first day of school.
- Visit the Find Your Bus website and enter your address to see route information.
- If you do not have access to the website, you can find out bus routes by calling your child’s campus or the SISD Transportation Department at 903-891-6433.
- Make sure you have completed online enrollment (even if your child is a Returning Student).
Please review your bus routes and transportation guidelines. Parents, helping your student become familiar with his/her route before the first day of school will help them feel less anxious on the first day of school.
Find your attendance zone here.
The federal Seamless Summer Option (SSO), which provided free breakfast and lunches to students through the 2021-2022 school year, is coming to an end June 30, 2022. Elementary schools and the Early Childhood Centers offer free breakfast and lunch through the Community Eligibility Provision. Prices can be found here.
My School Bucks
SISD offers an online payment system at MySchoolBucks.com. To add money to your child’s lunch account, visit the website, and create a free account. Features include:
- Managing all your children’s payments and balances from one account;
- Mobile app for iPhone or Android;
- Securely fund your student’s account via credit card, debit card, or your checking account;
- Low balance alerts;
- Recurring payment options;
- Ability to review purchase history.
Registering / Enrollment / Schedule Pick-Up in Sherman ISD
Families new to the district should complete the new student enrollment process.
- Families whose students are returning to Sherman ISD schools (were enrolled and attended last school year) should complete the returning student enrollment process.
Registration occurs at the child's attendance area school. Use the Attendance Zone Map to determine your zoned neighborhood campuses.
- Click here to be directed to the Sherman ISD enrollment page.
- Click here to view the Sherman Middle School schedule pick-up times.
Each grade level has a specific list of school supplies required for students. The school supply lists are currently available here: https://www.shermanisd.net/Page/10075. They will also be available at local retailers. Please call your campus with any questions about school supplies.
All students must submit proof of required immunizations to the campus by the first day of school, which means they must receive all required immunizations BEFORE the start of school. For a complete list of required immunization and information from the Grayson County Health Department, click here.
Student Accident Insurance
Voluntary Student/Athletic Accident Insurance is available to all Sherman ISD students.
Student dress codes are located in the Student Handbook.
Orientations & Meet-the-Teacher Nights
Elementary Meet the Teacher Night will be held 5:30-7 p.m., Aug. 15 at all elementary school campuses. It's a good time for you and your kids to get to know your kids' teacher for this year!
Please review the district’s online calendar for information about campus activities, extra and co-curricular activities, school assemblies and celebrations, and many other activities throughout the year. Check back often as calendars are updated frequently. The calendars for athletics teams are located at www.shsbearcats.net (SHS), www.pmsbearcats.com (Piner) and www.smsbearcats.com (Sherman Middle).
Please take the following steps to stay connected with your campus, stay informed about your student’s progress, and be involved in your student’s education. Sherman ISD encourages and appreciates participation from parents, siblings, family, friends, and all members of our community to help each child become successful.
- Update your contact information in Blackboard Connect. This will ensure you receive district and campus communications, phone messages, and e-newsletters.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or sign up for our community newsletter.
- Check out our district publication, the Sherman School, and Family magazine. It is published quarterly and features exciting stories and information on the district, our students, programs, and more.