Head Start/Early Head Start
The Sherman ISD Head Start and Early Head Start programs offer quality early childhood education at no cost to families who meet the income eligibility guidelines.
To qualify for Head Start, children must be 3-4 years old by September 1, 2019. Fred Douglass ECC also has Early Head Start for children ages 0-3 years of age. Applications will also be accepted for the Pregnant Moms Program, which ensures moms have access to prenatal health care and receive adequate training on child development, breastfeeding, lactation, nutrition, SIDS, shaken baby, and more.
The online application window for the Sherman ISD Head Start/Early Head Start program will open on March 18. To begin the online application process to qualify for this program, you will need the following information:
- Proof of Income: 2018 Tax Form 1040
- 4 paycheck stubs for each job and for each person employed we will not accept check stubs for the month of April 2019
- Pell Grants
- Child Support & if you received TANF
Qualifications for Head Start include:
- Child must be 3 or 4 on or before Sept. 1, 2019
- Child must live in the Sherman ISD School District
- Income eligible
- TANF or SSI ( will need letter from these organizations)
- Foster Care- verification letter from DFPS or other official documentation showing child is or was in DFPS care
*A child must qualify to be in the Head Start or PreK Program. Completion of the application does not qualify a student for the program.
Parents will need to bring proof of income to finish the application process. Proof of income includes 2018 1040 Tax Form for everyone in the household, 4 most recent paycheck stubs( from December to March), or the other items listed below for each program.
Click here to enroll your child in the Head Start/Early Head Start program today.